I'm linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers!
Wouldya look at that? I'm in the clear for my whole budget this month, and I blame it completely on my boyfriend moving to Chicago! Well, I can blame the low restaurant category for him being gone, because I don't have anyone to go to dinner with on the regular. As for clothes, I guess I didn't spend much because I've been trying to be more shrewd about my purchases and really only buy things I need or have been on my "want list" for a while. I only bought 2 clothing items for myself this month for a total of $24. I got a pair of pearl earrings off Ebay for about $5, and I got a pair of red skinny jeans from J. Crew during the recent 40% off plus free shipping sale. However, I just received the pants today and they are way too big. I'm a little peeved because I specifically tried them on in-store when they were full price with the anticipation of buying them when they went on sale, and obviously they fit well enough for me to feel comfortable to buy them on final sale online...but unfortunately the final sale pair were big. Anyway, if anyone wants to buy a pair of red Matchstick jeans from J. Crew in size 24 for the price I paid ($20) + shipping, I'd be glad to sell them to you. I did get a great price on them, so I'm even more sad they didn't work out. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, otherwise I'll be putting them on Ebay soon.
Since I have no exciting pictures to go with this post because I didn't really buy much, I thought I'd share my "want list" since it's really only been mapped out in my head up until this point.
- Red jeans - I thought I could scratch this off my list with the J. Crew purchase but I'll have to keep looking
- Breton striped top - I find myself wishing I had more simple patterned shirts to add interest to outfits but I just don't own any striped shirts except a tee shirt. I'm holding out for the perfect striped shirt, I'm not sure that this Ralph Lauren one is "the one."
- Utility Jacket - I love all my jackets in my closet, but I realized I have a ton of the same styles. I mostly have blazers and an absurd number of moto jackets (black, brown, tan, tan/white stripe, navy tweed, orange) but I think I need something like this utility jacket to add to my wardrobe as a lightweight casual option. Sometimes moto-jackets are just too edgy for the occasion, lol. I'm hoping the J. Crew jacket goes on sale, or J. Crew has a sale on full-priced items soon because I've now have a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket courtesy of winning Bri's giveaway! I was so excited when I found out I won because this specific jacket has been on my mind since I tried it on as a new arrival.
- Replacement gold curb chain bracelet - my etsy bracelets that I wear ALL the time broke and although I could probably fix them, I think there are enough cheap options on Ebay to not waste my time and poor DIY skills on this project
- Classic black pumps - my black pumps that I wear to work all the time are starting to show serious signs of wear :( I love them and they are so comfortable but the snake-skin embossed material is starting to peel and become discolored. I generally have great luck with Ann Taylor shoes but I just think this particular material can't stand the test of time, which, by the way, has only been a year.
Anyway, how'd you do on your budgets this month? Head on over to Franish to check out the other budgeting bloggers!