1. Banana Republic Factory blouse - $25 (after 50% off discount)
2. Banana Republic Factory tweed pencil skirt - $17 (on clearance + 50% discount) (similar)
(P.S. - my shoes are from Ann Taylor last year and are some of the most comfortable heels I own. When I stopped by the Ann Taylor outlet I noticed they had the exact same shoes on sale for $49, which is a good deal considering these were originally about $148 or $178 on the AT website)
4. Last weekend I stopped by Plato's Closet to sell some clothes, and while I was there I picked up this French Connection dress with the tags still on for only $16 ($228 originally)! I have been really good about not buying random dresses when I don't need them, but this deal was too good to pass up. I already wore it out last weekend to an alumni event and even if I only wear it once or twice more I will have gotten my money's worth.
5. Also while at Plato's Closet, I stopped by the TJ Maxx in the same shopping center and found these Elie Tahari Theora pants in my size for $49 down from $178 originally. They need a few inches hemmed (and need to be ironed).
6. I FINALLY purchased a new iPhone case. I've always been a fan of the Otterbox cases because they keep your phone PRISTINE inside, but I was using an all black "man case" for the last 2 years (as my friends politely put it) so I had been meaning to buy a more "girly" one. I'm happy with this purple and white Commuter style that I found on Ebay for only $10.
7 - 10. I went to the Theory outlet to buy a suit. I tried on basically everything in the store and was considering also purchasing a seersucker suit jacket and matching dress, but I think I'll wait and see about that one, lol. I ended up getting a jacket, matching skirt, matching dress, and matching pants. The pants need to be hemmed and the dress needs to have the skirt slimmed. I needed another suit badly and I got a good deal (for Theory prices). Theory was also doing a scratch off card and I got an extra 20% off my entire order, so that saved me some money too.
11. I also stopped into the Saks Off 5th outlet and found this Tahari dress in my size. I really liked the mixture of tweed and ponte material. I never thought I could fit into Tahari stuff, but with this dress and the recent pant purchase, I'm going to consider Tahari more often for my work clothes. I got the dress with an extra 30% off for $83.
12. I give myself $50 a month for "personal care" which includes makeup and toiletries. This month, Ulta had a 20% off everything sale so I decided to splurge a bit and pick up some things I had been wanting for a while. I got the Benefit Fake Up concealer, some foundation, 2 brushes (the crease brush for eyeshadow is life changing, by the way), some clear polish (I tried painting a thin coat over non-sterling silver earring posts - IT WORKS!), and the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs makeup. The Sally Hansen lotion might be holy grail material - I look soooo tan when I put it on, without the commitment that comes with self-tanner. It is truly makeup so it doesn't seep into your skin but sits on top of it. However, it is much harder to get off than regular makeup and you pretty much have to shower and exfoliate to get it to come off. Total for all these products was $90, so I went a bit over my $50 budget this month.
Total clothing (not including the suit) = $25 Banana top + $17 Banana skirt + $10 iPhone case + $50 Tahari pants + $83 Tahari dress = $201 - $60 (sold at Plato's closet) = $141
Total makeup = $90 ($40 over budget) oops..